How did “British” Columbia lose what is now Washington, Oregon, Idaho and parts of Montana?
This whole territory is full of place names from the old Columbia and it maintains a cultural connection to this day. This leads some people to refer to the whole area as a single cultural region — Cascadia.
- Can You Speak British Columbian? Part II
- The Borders of British Columbia
- BC’s Deadly Smallpox Epidemic
- Judge Begbie: Was Justice Done?
- First Nations Architecture, Building, & Culture
- Can You Speak British Columbian?
- Political Factions in Early British Columbia
- Roots of Government
- John McLoughlin: father of British Columbia?
- Keeping New Caledonia: History of Early British Columbia