Proto-British Columbia: before BC
These videos trace the earliest history of British Columbia, or Proto-British Columbia, when government was in the form of a Company State.
This pre-colonial government shared heteronomy with First Nations governments, integrated with them through mixed marriages, was secular in that it prohibited missionaries, respected and to some extent adopted elements of aboriginal culture and was remarkably multicultural.
Its heartland was the lower Columbia River and its capital was the original Vancouver.
- Chinook Wawa Bible History
- Government in Proto-British Columbia
- First Nations Architecture, Building, & Culture
- King George III and British Columbia
- Children of the Northwest Company
- John McLoughlin: father of British Columbia?
- The First School in Proto-British Columbia
- Columbia: the Forgotten History of British Columbia